Tuesday 11 May 2010

20th century construction

The construction for my 20th century S-bend corset is coming along but slowly. The set back I’ve had for the making of the 18th century has put me behind schedule. Its also a shame my model will not be returning in time for a second fitting. I no normally for corset you don’t have a second fitting but because of the complex structure I wanted on to double check . I have finished the drill understructure though and shall soon be cutting out top fabric. The drill section was easier this time to construct because I had done it before in the toile and also the adjustment have made some of the curves more gradual making sewing a lot easier. I used to have issues with curved seams and I can truly say this corset has sorted that out for me. I'm getting slight anxious with time know. I’ve been very dedicated with project so it frustrates me that my behind schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment