Monday 10 May 2010

Arts Ed Construction

The construction of my Arts Ed corset is going well. I had to keep reminding myself that Ase wants the two side seams NOT ENCLOSED so in the future it can be altered. This will obviously affect binding. So I shall make it in quarters. The first three panels either side of the CF need to be enclosed and bound. Next the two panels either side of the CB enclosed and bound then sew the open seams. Press open the seams, and place in a fell seam and slip stitch down the seam allowance, doing a fell seam means Ase has the seam allowance required to adjust it. The fabric give to us from Ase is good fabric to use but I got a bit frustrated when sewing the seam lines, as I was trying to match the patterns together and realistically because of it being curved seams they were never going to match. I’ve made sure the CF and CB will match when on the body. This is the first time I’ve tried enclosed seams and so far its going smoothly and see the importance of having accurate pattern pieces or else the top fabric and backing won’t match up.

No comments:

Post a Comment